2.14.2009

Jaylen -5 months




Today, Valentine's Day, Jaylen took it upon herself to have a busy day! She is officially rolling over! I put her on her back and she goes to her belly and if she could figure out how to get those arms moving she'd be moving across the room. EEK! And then she moved on to her next milestone and broke in her first tooth! She'd had a few cranky days in the past couple of weeks but today you would never know she was teething!

She had her check up this last Friday. 18 lbs 1 oz! OH MY! Almost 27 inches long. 97%tile in height and weight!

Since she was undressed I was reminded of something I was trying to show Rob -who just made fun of me - and mentioned it to the dr. Jaylen has some chunky thighs but I noticed a few weeks ago one has a crease (a chunky roll) and the other doesn't. Dr looks, said I was right, and "oh, that isn't good." Checked her hips and looks like her left one is clicking and slipping. We go to the ortho next week for more info and xrays and whatever. If it's bad she'll go into some contraption that will hold her legs up (like a frog?) so allow the joint to bond better. Not doing this will ensure future surgeries and doing may prevent them. I'm not going to "worry" until I hear from the ortho, but in the scheme of life, this isn't something to worry about.

1 comments:

grams said...

Growing too fast!!