2.20.2009

Chunky thighs galore

You can see in the close up of the thighs that she's got a roll on her right thigh but not on her left thigh. This is the only sign we had. The Dr said it would be normal for babies with hip dysplacia to put equal weight on their legs and not seem to have any problems, fyi. Interesting fact we learned today.

The ortho appt went very well. After the exam the Dr said he didn't see anything to be alarmed about but we did an xray just to make sure we weren't missing anything. The xray showed all was asymetrical, yeah! So, no frog contraption for Jaylen. And, since she just learned to roll over we don't have to stop her. Or stop the scooching she's doing after the roll over. Wait, maybe this isn't a good thing? LOL! Seriously, she'll move a foot away from where I put her on the ground. This girl is so ready to be on the move. When I'm sitting on the ground with her on my lap she'll trying to stand up. She looks like she'll just get right up and start walking away. She wants so much to go hang out with the big kids! Lord help me. And Papa too!!!

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and prayers! I'm so ever grateful for you all and for our four healthy children!

On an off note, it's 3:40 am and she's been up for an hour and is still talking. yawnyawnyawn.

2 comments:

Mamma Bear said...

I am so sorry I had no idea this is what you were going through but keep you in my thoughts always, regardless! I'm glad everything is OK. She looks as sweet as ever. Already a big girl!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy that she'll be okay! I knew she would take after Avery who takes after me in being perfect but different!