9.19.2008

Jaylen musings for her first two weeks

She's sleeping most of the time but when when she's awake she seems quite alert. She's got a pretty good stare, like she can read you from the inside. Rob got her to smile by blowing raspberries to her. I'm trying to get it on film but she apparently is camera shy.

As of Tuesday, Sept 30th Jaylen has gained weight (7lb12oz) and grown to 20 1/2 inches tall - eeekkkkk! Obviously doesn't take after me! She's currently smaller than my other kids about this age but like Carter, portional. She spent most of the first two weeks sleeping......a lot. Rob was a bit concerned -I think he forgot what newborns do. LOL!

Nursing has been pretty icky. I'm not enjoying it and she's not getting the hang of it. The other three had no problems. So far her temperment is calm and sleeping to CRY/SCREECHING in about 10 seconds or less.

Carter absolutely LOVES her. If (when) she cries he runs over to comfort her.....by laying on top of her. He's a giant next to her and I have to keep an eye on both of them at all times. (I won't go into the story of when he and I were doing laundry when she started crying and he went to comfort her. By taking her off the couch, across the family room and onto the kitchen tile -just trying to get her to her mama. shudddddddderrrrr).

Avery asks everyday "when's she going to crawl?" and recently added, "when's she going to talk?"! Seems so odd she doesn't remember Carter being a baby. I guess it's hard for us, too, though.

Hudson loves Jaylen, but think he's just happy to go to school and hang out with his friends. He has been caught reading to her and that makes my heart swell!


************************************

In the Sparks Tribune today (Friday 9/19)....

The Railroaders’ bye week could not have come at a better time for coach Rob Kittrell. The veteran Sparks coach and his wife, Jennifer, gave birth to their fourth child, a baby girl, Jaylen, on Sunday. In addition to the personal advantage, the SHS gridders had an extra week of workouts to prepare for one of the 3A North’s traditional powers.“I had my daughter this week, so the bye was perfect timing for me. The birth of your child is pretty exciting, even the fourth one,” Kittrell quipped. “Football-wise, it was a good two weeks of practice. We were able to add a few new wrinkles and fundamentally, hopefully we got better and were able to develop some depth.” For the full article click here. Update for game- Railroaders Won!!! 28-12

1 comments:

TrueCrimeFanatic said...

Oh crap, are you serious? Babies SLEEP? LOL almost, on Carter and Avery. And now that Hudson has his Nintendo, I'm sure he pays even MORE attention to Jaylen. Congrats. Want to be there so very much.