6.24.2008

The Definition of a Big Family?

You decide! I still don't feel like even now with three young kids that we've got a BIG family, and even with one more on the way it's not that daunting. BUT, if I have to give myself a definition, well, this one could, or should, be it. I NEED something else to drive because we've run out of seats!!!
So, here's the new one! Rob calls us the 21st Century Griswalds!


The kids love the new ride. I thought Carter might not like it, with Hudson and Avery sitting in the back and leaving him by himself. Apparently, he's more like his dad everyday and is enjoying all his own space! See?


The kids and I will take it for a test drive next week to see Chari and the cousins. Then, the whole family will be pushing our limits by taking a nice road trip to Missouri for a Kittrell Family Reunion! Rob hasn't been back there since he was a young boy and is looking forward to seeing all his family and the cousins he grew up with. It will be nice to meet more of the family -his dad's side is very big! Because Hudson and I will need to be back for our school year we won't be gone too long, so hopefully the new car is comfy for the long days! (Grandma Kay was concerned I'd be squishing the baby by being in the car too long! ;) )

In the past 4 years we've taken my niece Kaydance with us on our vacations. When Rob and I were talking about this trip the other day Hudson realized what was going on and asks in the saddest voice, "Kaydance isn't going on vacation with us?" She is a staple in our family, our home, and obviously, our vacations! Hopefully she'll be able to sneak over to Mt. Shasta with us next week, though.

2 comments:

Mamma Bear said...

It looks like a nice van. They get better and better every year. I wouldn't mind having one again. It would have solved some of our traveling issues for this summer! Even my sister-in-law who dispised mini-vans, now has one and loves it! Congrats!

Chari said...

Pleeeeeze, Dear God, protect me from having a mini=van :)

Yes, bring Kaydance!

And, uh, NO, you do NOT have a BIG family. Even *I* do not have a BIG family! ;)