6.10.2008

A Family Update

Avery, Hudson, and Jen - Hudson's class hosted an Author's Tea & Hudson is holding the book he wrote, "The Important Things about My Family". He made me cry!
Today I officially began my summer vacation. I celebrated by getting up early and going to a Gestational Diabetes clinic and getting all set up for checking blood sugars, logging everything, and insulin and shots -which I will probably begin in a week if my dr would like, which I think is the plan. I'm currently about 26 weeks along and am starting almost 10 weeks early on the GD plan and I'm not thrilled, really. But, gotta keep the baby safe and do my best. Otherwise, pregnancy is going very well. I just started putting on weight, even though my belly looks like I've put on at least 15-20 lbs! I haven't had any serious issues with my back and am trying to keep it that way! I actually feel better than I have in a very long time.



I finished up teaching middle school last week and started at my new school immediately after, by way of meetings. I will be a Special Ed resource teacher at the elementary school that all the kids will attend....that Hudson will be going into SECOND GRADE next year! He is so excited that mama will be there! On his first day driving to Kindergarten Hudson told me I should get a job teaching at his school so he could see me whenever he wants. <love> Well, I hope he doesn't regret those words! HAHAHA! I'm so excited for the change of everything -new school, new age group, new program. Also, the school is switching over to multi-track this next year and they got a new principal, so it's perfect timing to come in while some of it will be new to everyone. The position they needed filled was for the track that Hudson was going to, so the job fit me perfect! We start in August. Did I mention I'm still part-time? YEAH!

Hudson (will be 7 in Sept)- just finished up 1st grade and did very well. He said on his first day of summer that he's ready to start 2nd grade! His reading went from right at grade level to almost 2 grades above. He loves to read! He does well at everything right now, but still needs to get those letters written down facing the right direction. I think he got that from me! =) He also just finished his 2nd year of baseball. Rob coached, which makes Hudson very happy! Because Hudson is right at the cutoff age Rob says he'll keep him in this rookie league one more year to allow him to grow in skills and confidence.

Avery (4)- I told her a couple of months ago we needed to practice learning writing her letters and spelling her name and she said she didn't want to and she didn't want to go to school either. Then, the next day she basically sat and taught herself. =) She's our stubborn one! She's full of fun and joy, and lots of hugs and kisses! Her latest saying is, "well, actually, ..." She's really smart and seems to keep an eye on Hudson so she can do whatever he's doing. She says Hudson is her best friend! They mostly get along all the time.


Carter (not quite 2)- Cuddly and sweet and knows what he wants! He's very funny, loves to dance and sing, and can throw a ball. His current favorite things to do are watching/playing Blues Clues, singing, playing or watching baseball games. Oh, last weekend we went to Hudson's baseball banquet, which was past the baseball field. Carter got upset, yelling and pointing to the baseball field, "baseball!" when we drive past it. He's really smart and has a great sense of balance.

Rob- will be teaching his usual football summer school and adding a math class for summer school. Then on to football season. So, I might get to see him when I call him from the hospital to tell him it's time for our 4th and Goal to be born! Or will the call be to tell him the baby was born?!?!?

Today we started our first family outing for Geocaching! We didn't fare very well and need to work on our teamworking skills, but we came home and know exactly where we needed to go to today. Geocaching is like a treasure hunt game of sorts. We are starting small because one, we're new, and two, we don't have a GPS and don't want to get lost in the woods just yet! But overall it looks like something the family can do together. Rob has a couple of days when he'll be at mtgs so Hudson and I found one at the library we can't wait to do! geocaching.com has more info if you want to look into it.

Okay, gotta get the kids starting for bed now. I'll try to get a couple more in here for the next month, especially for you Grandma!

1 comments:

Mamma Bear said...

We have found some geocaches on accident during the NV Day treasure hunt. We were going to do it on the way to MN, but now we are not going and without T, I don't know if everyone will want to do it! Love the pics. Avery is growing up and more beautiful every day and Carter looks just like she did!