6.14.2008

Poor Carter


The little guy was trying to get up on the chairs with his brother and sister but somehow fell and busted his lip. I think he must have been chewing on his lip when he fell, actually, because he landed on his back. I didn't even know about his lip until we sat on the couch and I realized he had quite a bit of blood running down his face and neck...and shirt. Hudson and Avery were told to get off the computer [NOW] and I later found Hudson wrapped entirely in a blanket and Avery trying to shrink down in a hiding spot in the playroom - they felt really bad. :(

I got a cold washcloth for Carter and while I cleaned him off to even get a good look he was busy trying to suck the water out of the washcloth. He was fine after that. Even as we were in the doctor's room waiting we were singing and dancing! The cut went down past the lipline and it was just a little too deep so I took him to the drs and waited outside their doors until they openned after lunch!

They wrapped him in a blanket, like an infant, and I held his hands and legs but he never tried to move those! One dr held his head, and tried to keep his tongue in -everytime something came near his mouth he'd try and lick it. The other doctor just kept going, but she decided not to do a third stitch because he probably couldn't take one more and it would have been the closet to his mouth and he'd probably bite it off anyway. He just cried, I sang, at one point he took a deep breathe, then I heard him say "mama" and I about lost it. When we left he blew kisses and said bye to everyone.

And, a little while later we had some other kids playing and at one point 5 out 6 kids were crying for different things but they all happened at the same time, complete with a nice big bleeding cut in a knee, luckily not belonging to Carter! I wasn't sure how much more I could take! I just wanted to go take a long bath and go to bed! Never got my bath and didn't get much sleep either!

0 comments: